See also Chinese Bacon Fried Rice
Mandarin Kitchen Chinese Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 ounce [28 g] dried mushrooms
- Boiling water
- 6 ounces [170 g] uncooked boneless lean pork
- 4 ounces [113 g] cooked ham
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water chestnuts
- 8 ounces [227 g] bean curd
- 8 green onions
- 8 cups [2 L] chicken stock
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] Chinese chili sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons [37.5 mL] cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons [75 mL] water
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] vinegar
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces [227 g] uncooked shrimps, shelled and deveined
Mandarin Kitchen Chinese Directions:
Into a bowl, cover mushrooms with boiling water.
Let stand for 30 minutes; drain.
Remove and discard stems; thinly slice and reserve caps.
Slice pork and ham into ‘match-stick’ thin strips; reserve.
Remove membranes,seed then slice sweet red pepper into thin strips; reserve.
Slice water chestnuts; reserve.
Cut bean curd into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] cubes; reserve.
Thinly slice green onions; reserve.
Mix together chicken stock, white wine, soy sauce and Chinese chili sauce into a 5-quart [5-L] Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Lower heat and leave soup to simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Blend cornstarch and 4 tablespoons [60 mL] of the water.
Slowly stir mixture into soup.
Cook, stirring, until boiling.
Add reserved mushrooms slices, pork and ham strips, sweet red pepper strips and water chestnut slices.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Stir vinegar and sesame oil into soup.
Beat egg and remaining 1 tablespoon [15 mL] water together, using a fork.
Slowly drizzle beaten egg into soup, stirring vigorously.
Add reserved green onion slices and bean curd cubes, and shrimps.
Boil until shrimps are done, for 1 to 2 minutes, before serving.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Mandarin Kitchen Chinese.