See also Chinese Bacon Fried Rice
Mandarin Kitchen Chinese Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 pound [454 g] uncooked medium shrimps
- 1 pound [454 g] uncooked boneless lean pork
- 4 ounces [113 g] fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 8 green onions
- 1 sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 8 ounces [227 g] Chinese cabbage
- 1 [8-ounce / 227-mL] can water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] grated pared fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] cornstarch
- 24 spring roll or egg roll wrappers
- 3 cups [750 mL] vegetable oil
Mandarin Kitchen Chinese Directions:
Shell and remove back veins from shrimps.
Remove and discard fat from pork.
Using a cleaver, a sharp knife or into a food processor, finely chop together shrimps, pork, mushrooms, green onions, sweet red pepper, Chinese cabbage and drained water chestnuts.
Transfer all chopped ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Mix in Sherry, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and salt.
Into a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch, until smooth.
Evenly spoon 1/4 cup [60 mL] pork mixture in the middle of each wrapper.
Evenly brush cornstarch mixture over all edges of wrappers.
Carefully roll wrappers around filling folding in ends.
Heat oil into wok over high heat until it reaches 375°F [190°C].
Fry 3 to 4 rolls at a time into hot oil until golden, for 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain on paper toweling before serving.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Mandarin Kitchen Chinese.